Home Missions' Strategic Priorities
After much prayer and discernment we have identified the following three priorities in a new strategic plan:
Multiply New Churches and Campus Ministries
Home Missions will play a catalytic role working with partners to launch new churches and campus ministries in North America so that:
- three hundred churches and ten campus ministries are launched by 2020.
- partnerships are cultivated with one hundred congregations engaged in the multiplication of these ministries.
Cultivate Diverse Missional Leaders
Home Missions will cultivate missional leaders on every level, from various generations, backgrounds, and cultural contexts so that:
- missional leaders are identified, assessed, and coached to launch new churches and campus ministries.
- pastors and leaders within the CRC assess their leadership capacities for engaging the mission of God. Each leader is invited into a coach/cluster/peer group for growth and accountability.
Helping Churches Discern Their Place in God's Mission
Churches assess their activities in light of a mission focus and, by God’s leading, many are prompted to grow their missional health so that lives are changed and communities are transformed. We hope to see:
- three hundred churches go through a process of self-assessment to discern their place in God’s mission locally and globally.
- regionally-based coaching networks in place for leaders and ministries.
- congregations deploying small groups as a key strategy for discipleship and missional service in their local communities and around the world.