- CRHM Home
- About Us
- What We Do
- Ministry Teams
Sample of Bylaws
Geneva Campus Ministry at the University of Iowa
Article I Name of Campus Ministry
Article II Concept of Geneva Campus Ministry
Article II Goals of Geneva Campus Ministry
B. To persistently nurture and equip students, faculty and staff as well as International students and scholars, from within and outside the Reformed community through public lectures, study groups, retreats, symposia and conferences; presenting a biblical world and life view as a reliable basis for studies, research, teaching and service;
C. To boldly gather students, faculty, and staff into fellowship with Christ and other members of His body on campus.
Article IV Geneva Campus Ministry Personnel
B. The Campus Ministry personnel shall work closely with The New Life Community Church (RCA), and The Chinese Church of Iowa City (Christian Reformed) in order to effectively serve the larger Reformed community at the University.
C. Ordinarily, a Christian Reformed church shall serve as the calling church of the campus minister and act as the supervisory body for the campus minister's life and faith
D. The campus minister will be responsible to the Geneva Campus Ministry Board arid through them to the Classical Home Missions Committee of Classis Pella
Article V Geneva Campus Ministry Board
a. One Classical representative from the CRC Classes in Iowa appointed by Classis Pella CRC.
2. The Board exists to serve and carry out the tasks of the Geneva Campus Ministry at Ul.
3. Members shall serve for a period of 3 years, and may serve two consecutive terms if reelected after which they may not be reelected for a period of at least one year. Duration of the Student representatives will be more flexible due to the nature of their non-permanent status.
Article VI Meetings
Article VII Duties and Powers
2. Establish, review, monitor and evaluate campus ministry programs, goals and objectives.
3. Establish a campus ministry budget, update budget annually, receive and disburse funds and coordinate all financial matters
4. Select and remove the campus minister from position of service.
5. Provide counsel, support and supervision of the work of the campus minister as well as all the programs and activities sponsored by the campus ministry
6. Assist the campus minister in reporting, advertising, and related matters.
7. Serve as interpreters of the campus minister and/or ministry to the supporting constituencies,
Article VIII Responsibilities of the Officers of the Board
1. Chairperson - The chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Board and be the official spokesperson for the Geneva Campus Ministry Board
2. Secretary - The secretary shall be responsible for keeping accurate minutes of all meetings of the Board. The secretary is also responsible for all correspondence for the Board.
3. Treasurer - The treasurer shall control and properly record all financial matters for the Board.
4. Vicar - The vicar shall serve in the absence of the chairperson, secretary, or treasurer.
Article IX Audit
Article X Amendments
ByIaws of Geneva Campus Ministry at the University of Iowa