CRWM exists to glorify God by helping the CRC to respond obediently to our Lord’s commission to witness to the good news of God’s Kingdom and make disciples of all nations.
We see the CRCNA vigorously participating in Spirit-led mission with churches and other Christian organizations throughout the world so that together we are proclaiming the gospel to more and more people who have not heard it, healthy churches are emerging and the Kingdom of God is advancing.
The following are CRWM's key values. We hold one another accountable to live out these values faithfully because we believe that they are needed to implement transformational strategies in pursuit of CRWM’s mission. These values also make explicit our commitment to the Bible and to the ecumenical creeds, the Reformed confessions, the CRCNA governance documents and the Ministries Plan for agencies and institutions of the CRCNA.
- We value faith in God and passion for God’s mission in the world (read more...)
- We mirror the Father’s desire to reach the lost.
- We obey Jesus’ command to be His witnesses, proclaiming the gospel to all peoples.
- We depend on the Holy Spirit’s power to transform individual and community life through interaction with the triune God.
- We value a confessionally Reformed understanding of God’s Word (read more...)
- We proclaim Christ as the only way to be reconciled to God and His sovereignty over all.
- We proclaim the Word in faith that God, through His Spirit, will use this proclamation to penetrate cultures and enable people to accept the gospel.
- We train missionaries to carry out ministries holistically.
- We serve God from a Reformed worldview.
- We value the Body of Christ (read more...)
- We recognize ourselves as one part of the Body of Christ serving with the rest of the Body in mission.
- We are compelled by God’s call to His Church to be an agent of His Kingdom in the whole world.
- We encourage and challenge the Church worldwide to live out an integral mission.
- We serve the Body of Christ around the world by connecting God’s people locally, nationally and internationally for proclaiming the gospel and making disciples of all nations.
- We value proclaiming the Gospel to people who have not heard it (read more...)
- We make unreached peoples a ministry priority.
- We maximize the ministry potential of the Church and other Christian institutions to love and reach out to those who have not heard the gospel.
- We value the image of God in all people and the humility that opens us up to respect, learn from and grow with them (read more...)
- We ensure that all our partnerships are beneficial for mutual learning and for the exchange of ministry resources.
- We dismantle racism and address other abuses of power within our context and work with our partners to address these abuses in their contexts.
- We hold peace and justice to be integral parts of the good news and essential to the witness of the Church to a world in desperate need.
- We value being a caring community (read more...)
- We work for the well-being of all World Missions’ employees and their families.
- We are mutually accountable.
- We place high priority on teams and teamwork.
- We model leadership which serves.
- We develop good relational skills.
- We value sustainability (read more...)
- We live out a radical dependency on God, nurtured through prayer.
- We use structures and strategies that adapt to our changing context and make best use of our unique gifts.
- We work with individuals and organizations in ways that minimize their unhealthy dependence on the CRCNA for human or material resources.
- We ensure the identification, enhancement and use of locally available human and material resources.
- We value contextualization (read more...)
- We encourage partner churches and Christian organizations to contextualize the gospel.
- We encourage partner churches and Christian organizations to create their own structures and guiding documents so that they are indigenous in character and in practice.
- We promote a lifestyle which minimizes barriers to the contextual understanding of the gospel.
- We value high standards of stewardship (read more...)
- We challenge the CRCNA to use the human and material resources entrusted to them by God in ways that reflect God’s passion for spreading the gospel and expanding the Kingdom.
- We follow the highest standards of integrity in dealing with the resources provided to us.
- We promote program effectiveness.
- We maximize ministry through partners and networks, wherever possible.
- We value lifelong learning and growth (read more...)
- We promote constant growth in Christ-likeness.
- We develop excellent skills in the ministries to which God calls us.
- We practice creativity and innovation in ministry.
- We balance a zeal to teach with a zeal to learn.
The following are CRWM's key strategies as we engage in ministry around the world:
- Mobilize CRCNA churches and their members for greater missions involvement (read more...)
through programs that:
- Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ (the gospel of salvation and new life in Christ, justice, restoration and peace), particularly to those who have not heard it.
- Foster prayer for the work of the gospel around the world
- Enhance the vision and their connections for missions (with other CRCNA churches and agencies)
- Inform and encourage them to follow sound mission practices
- Invigorate them by reciprocal interaction with parts of the body of Christ around the world
- Place CRCNA members in cross-cultural mission ministries with CRWM or other mission organizations
- Strengthen the CRCNA and international partners in our mutual capacity for Christian life and missions
through programs that:
- Plant and develop churches
- Make disciples
- Develop leaders, for all walks of life, with a Reformed worldview
- Partner for impact through reciprocal relationships which multiply ministry
- Develop Christian schools, including institutions of higher education
- Participate in global networks and movements to advance the reign of Christ (read more..)
- Engage with others in an exploration of a Reformed worldview
- Apply the world and life view for transforming individuals and communities
- Work with or develop collaborative networks/movements