Bangladesh is a country characterized by great physical, economic, and spiritual need. Christian Reformed World Missions (CRWM) partners with World Renew's Bangladesh/India team in its work with Christian partner development agencies to promote holistic ministries among the poor. CRWM and World Renew work together in Bangladesh to develop healthy organizations that recognize and bear witness to Christ’s lordship in every area of life, so that holistic transformation will occur in the lives of individuals and communities. CRWM staff serve on the faculty at the College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB). CRWM helps develop Bangladeshi Christian leaders by instructing students and assisting in CCTB’s development and administration departments.
- Developing Values Formation Programming:
CRWM assists World Renew in developing values formation materials, facilitating leadership training workshops, and organizing Bible study and discussion groups with World Renew partners, Learning Circle members, and other Christian non-governmental organizations.
- Forming Leaders through Theological Education:
CRWM staff are teaching theology courses and helping with curriculum development and administration at the College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB).
- Strengthening Theological Libraries:
CRWM staff are helping to improve CCTB's library infrastructure and usage, and assisting World Renew in cataloging and maintaining its resource library. CRWM collaborates with other organizations to acquire books and library equipment for theological institutions in Bangladesh.
- Connecting and Supporting Churches – Locally and Internationally:
CRWM participates in local networks and movements that promote the above strategies. CRWM staff connect CRCNA individuals and congregations with churches and ministries in Bangladesh.
Learn more about CRWM projects in Bangladesh. Not from Canada or the US? Click on either country.
College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB): An interdenominational, evangelical graduate and post-graduate degree granting institution supported by over 22 Christian organizations and national church bodies.
- Population: 158,570,535 (July 2011 est.)
- Languages: Bangla (official, also known as Bengali), English
- Major religions: Muslim 89.5%, Hindu 9.6%, other 0.9% (2004)
- Date entered by World Missions: 2001
- Number of World Missions workers: 1
- Ministry emphasis: Strengthen the CRCNA and international partners in our mutual capacity for Christian life and missions through programs that develop leaders for all walks of life.
- Location of work: Dhaka
- Partners: College of Christian Theology Bangladesh
Visit the World Factbook for more information on Bangladesh.