Bangladesh is a country characterized by great physical, economic, and spiritual need. Christian Reformed World Missions (CRWM) collaborates with World Renew's (WR) Bangladesh/India team in working with Christian partner development agencies to promote holistic ministries. CRWM and World Renew work together in Bangladesh through The Learning Circle to develop healthy organizations that recognize and bear witness to Christ’s lordship in every area of life, so that individuals and communities will be holistically transformed. CRWM staff serve on the faculty at the College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB). CRWM helps develop Bangladeshi Christian leaders by instructing students and assisting in CCTB’s development and administration departments.
- Developing Transformation Networks and Values Formation Programming
CRWM assists WR in developing values formation materials, facilitating leadership training workshops, and organizing Bible study and discussion groups with WR partners, Learning Circle members, and other Christian non-government organizations.
- Forming Leaders through Theological Education
CRWM staff teach theological courses and assist with new curriculum development and administration at the College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB).
- Strengthening Theological Libraries
CRWM staff work to improve CCTB's library infrastructure, usage, and resource collection. Staff also assist WR in cataloguing and maintaining its resource library. Additionally, CRWM collaborates with other organizations to develop Bangla theological resources.
- Connecting and Supporting Churches – Locally and Internationally
CRWM participates in local networks and movements that promote the above strategies. CRWM staff connect CRCNA individuals and congregations with churches and ministries in Bangladesh.
Learn more about CRWM projects in Bangladesh. Not from Canada or the U.S.? Click on either country.
- College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB): An interdenominational, evangelical graduate and post-graduate degree granting institution supported by over 22 Christian organizations and national church bodies.
- The Learning Circle: A forum of local Christian NGOs sponsored and supported by World Renew and CRWM.
- Population: 163,654,860 (July 2013 est.)
- Languages: Bangla (official, also known as Bengali), English
- Major religions: Muslim 89.5%, Hindu 9.6%, other 0.9% (2004)
- Date entered by World Missions: 2001
- Number of World Missions workers: 1
- Ministry emphasis: Strengthen the CRCNA and international partners in our mutual capacity for Christian life and missions through programs that develop leaders for all walks of life.
- Location of work: Dhaka
Visit the World Factbook for more information on Bangladesh.