The Christian Reformed World Missions (CRWM) team in Costa Rica collaborates to build up Christian academia in Latin America. In partnership with the Evangelical University of the Americas (UNELA) and by building the Institute ProEducacion Integral, the team strengthens higher education institutions throughout the region.
Our Vision: We long to see Christian higher education in Latin America which accepts responsibility for research, teaching and building more just societies, and showing signs of God's new creation.
Our Mission: We contribute to building a learning community composed of students and professionals, teachers, administrators and institutions in Latin America that contextualize a worldview of God's Kingdom in Christian education and in their professions, and relate to their local congregations intentionally for the transformation of their societies.
Learn more about CRWM projects in Costa Rica. Not from Canada or the U.S.? Click on either country.
- Population: 4,695,942 (CIA World Factbook, July 2013)
- Language(s): Spanish
- Religions: Roman Catholic 76.3%, Evangelical 13.7%, Jehovah's Witnesses 1.3%, other Protestant 0.7%, other 4.8%, none 3.2%
- Date entered by World Missions: 1982
- Number of World Missions workers: 2
- Ministry emphasis: Higher Education
- Location of work: Costa Rica (and Latin America in general).
Visit the World Factbook for more information on Costa Rica.