El Salvador, a small Central American country, has suffered from civil war and violence, earthquakes and floods, underemployment and poverty, corruption and political instability. Within this challenging context, Christian Reformed World Missions (CRWM) missionaries, Back to God Hour Ministries International and several local ministries have rallied together and created Seeds of New Creation.
As a community of service and a transformational network, Seeds of New Creation yearns to see churches, ministries, and communities in El Salvador transformed by the Gospel, evidencing it with love, justice, peace, and hope. The team shares a Ministry House and works together to strengthen the mission of the church through training and collaborative efforts that serve the local Christian Reformed Church (ICRES) and hundreds of leaders of different denominations, impacting regions throughout the country.
- Nurturing the relationship with the Seattle cluster.
- Recruiting partner missionaries and volunteers.
- Maintaining “Seeds House” as a community of hospitality and mutual learning in service of the Christian community and its mission in El Salvador.
- Designing, promoting and carrying out the training of leaders whose service responds to a biblical worldview perspective and who assume their role as trainers of new leaders and promoters of transformation and reconciliation.
- Contributing to strengthening the organizational capacities of communities, churches, partners and friends of Seeds.
- Fostering processes of consciousness-raising about the Salvadoran reality, which poses an unavoidable mission agenda.
- Participating in the international Street Psalms community.
- Exploring possible affiliation with Leadership Foundations.
Learn more about CRWM projects in El Salvador. Not from Canada or the U.S.? Click on either country.
- Seeds of New Creation (Semillas de Nueva Creacion)
- Population: 6,108,590 (July 2013 est.)
- Languages: Spanish (official), Nahua (among some Amerindians)
- Major religions: Catholic (57.1%), Protestant (21.2%), other (4.7%), none (16.8%)
Date entered by World Missions: Late 1970s
Ministry Emphasis: Leadership Development
Location of work: San Salvador and other cities
Visit the World Factbook for more information on El Salvador.