Christian Reformed World Missions (CRWM) partners with the Mizoram Presbyterian Church's Synod Mission Board to support evangelism efforts in India and beyond. CRWM helps place and support four medical evangelists in Nepal, a librarian at the Mission Training College in Aijawl, and ten school teachers in other countries. In 2012-13, CRWM will evaluate existing projects, discuss possibilities for exchanges of personnel and volunteers between the CRC and the Mizoram Presbyterian Church, and explore ways to help the Synod place its missionaries in Asia and elsewhere.
CRWM partners with the Synod Mission Board of the Mizoram Presbyterian Church, India, to exchange mission resources between our communities for the larger purpose of the advancement of our shared global mission.
- CRWM currently has no missionaries serving in India.
Learn more about CRWM projects in India. Not from Canada or the US? Click on either country.
CRWM began partnering with the Synod Mission Board of the Mizoram Presbyterian Church in India in 2008.
- Population: 1,189,172,906 (July 2011 est.)
- Languages: Hindi 41%, Bengali 8.1%, Telugu 7.2%, Marathi 7%, Tamil 5.9%, Urdu 5%, Gujarati 4.5%, Kannada 3.7%, Malayalam 3.2%, Oriya 3.2%, Punjabi 2.8%, Assamese 1.3%, Maithili 1.2%, other 5.9%
- Religions: Hindu 80.5%, Muslim 13.4%, Christian 2.3%, Sikh 1.9%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.1% (2001 census).
- Date entered by World Missions: 2006
- Number of World Missions workers: 0
- Ministry emphasis: Strengthen the CRCNA and international partners in our mutual capacity for Christian life and missions through programs that partner for impact through reciprocal relations that multiply ministry.
- Location of work: Aijawl, Mizoram
- Partners: Synod Mission Board of Mizoram Presbyterian Church
Visit the World Factbook for more information on India.