Becca VanWeerdhuizen, a partner missionary, teaches English and leads the Learning Resource Center at Faith Academy.
Becca VanWeerdhuizen helps K-12 students develop their skills and assists Faith Academy staff in developing an effective Learning Resource Center.
- Esther Park, Partner Missionary serving with Global Partners
- Becca Van Weerdhuizen, Partner Missionary serving at Faith Academy Manila
Learn more about CRWM projects in the Philippines. Not from Canada or the US? Click on either country.
Christian Reformed World Missions (CRWM) began working in the Philippines in 1962 when Vince and Lucy Apostol began developing churches on Negros Island. By 1976, three congregations had been established to form the Philippines Christian Reformed Churches (CRCP). By 1990, the CRCP had grown to 25 fully organized congregations and more than 20 emerging churches on Luzon, Negros, and Panay islands.
These churches were organized into five regional assemblies or classes. In 1997, the CRCP Synod convened for the purpose of identifying their own denominational vision and strategic plan. Since then, CRWM has transitioned to assisting the CRCP in achieving its ministry vision and strategic plans.
- Population: 105, 720, 644 (2013 est.)
- Languages: Tagalog, Cebuano, English, and 120 other distinct languages
- Major Religions: Christianity and Islam
- Date entered by World Missions: 1962
- Ministry emphasis: leadership and organizational development, teaching missionary children
- Location of work: Manila and surrounding Luzon provinces
- Partners: Asian Theological Seminary and Faith Academy Manila
Visit the World Factbook for more information on the Philippines.