Donald McGavran, Four major tasks of the church:
1. Evangelizing the world
2. Worshipping God
3. Translating, expounding, and teaching the Bible
4. Applying Biblical truth, so that God's will may be done on earth as it is in heaven
The church has three primary tasks:
To worship God
To build up His Body, and
To evangelize and minister to the world
From Church Purpose Statements
- Exalt the Living God
- Equip God's People
- Evangelize the NationsFirst to love, glorify, honor and obey the Lord Jesus Christ and to help all members of the body to do so as well and, secondly: to proclaim the Gospel by reaching out to the community and the world through the church.
- To know and worship God.
To enable one another to care and grow.
To train and involve people in ministry.
To speak and live out the gospel.
To recruit and send laborers into the world.
- 1) to provide worship, fellowship, and instruction for Christian believers, and
2) to proclaim the Gospel of grace at home and abroad.
- To win, equip and display committed followers of Jesus Christ who will share his love and truth from _______ City to the ends of the earth. Building men to disciple the nations.
- 1) To communicate the gospel message to every person whom God gives us an open door, beginning in our 'Jerusalem' and extending worldwide through missions outreach; and,
2) To disciple and equip for effective Christian living and service all those who become a part of the local body, and to support similar efforts worldwide.Committed to Jesus Christ - a worshipping body; a place where the focus of everything we do is on Him.
- Committed to one another - a loving fellowship; a place where people are nurtured.
Committed to the world - a witness by word and deed of God's saving face; a place where people become equipped to serve.
- Our purpose is to glorify God through equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry so that every man, woman, and child in the _____ Valley has the opportunity to hear, to understand, and to accept or reject Jesus Christ as Savior, and that every attender of ______ Bible Church become actively involved in the completion of the Great Commission in foreign lands.
- To build mature believers in Jesus Christ and equip them to minister to the church body and to reach out to the community and the world.
- To proclaim and live the gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that will impact our community and the world to the glory of God.
- To worship Him and share Jesus Christ with his world.
- THE CROSS. Our first priority in ministry is to call people to a commitment to Christ.
THE PEOPLE. Our second priority is to call people to a commitment to the Body of Christ.
THE WORLD. Our third priority is to call people to a commitment to the Work of Christ in the World.
- Spreading a passion for the glory of God from our homes to all peoples of the earth