Contact Church Relations
Trish De Jong
In the US:
Christian Reformed World Missions desires to see every CRCNA congregation become a Partner in Missions with at least one World Missions missionary.
What is a Partnership in Missions?
- A commitment between a congregation and a missionary family to pray faithfully for each other; to communicate faithfully with each other; and for the congregation to provide financial support. World Missions and the missionary family promise to receive the gifts with gratitude and expend them wisely in the extension of the Kingdom.
How much money must our congregation commit?
- World Missions does not put a "price on the head" of its missionaries. We do ask, however, that the congregation make a commitment.
How do churches raise and collect those funds?
- Some use Faith-Promise, a way in which members make personal commitments of support and the deacons establish a method of collecting the commitments.
- Some congregations establish a regular special offering schedule for missionary support.
- Some congregations make missionary support a part of their regular church budget.
Why should our congregation enter into a partnership in missions with a missionary?
- God has commanded us to, "Go and make disciples of all nations..." (Matthew 28:19)
- The congregation’s vision for missions is sharpened through its interaction with a missionary.
- The congregation will receive a color portrait of its missionary along with a supply of color prayer cards.
- The congregation will receive regular prayer letters from its missionary.
- While on home service, the missionary will visit you.
How do we get started?
- A committee should set out a plan for partnering and get it approved by the church council and, perhaps, by the whole congregation.
- Someone from the committee should contact one of World Missions' Regional Missions Mobilizers. Explain to the Regional Missions Mobilizer what’s happening and ask for suggestions as to whom your congregation should support.
- Keep the congregation informed about the process. It is very likely that someone in the congregation knows a World Missions missionary.
- At your request, World Missions will supply your committee with one or more names of missionaries for your consideration.
- Your committee should prepare its recommendation, present it to the council or congregation for endorsement, then inform your Regional Missions Mobilizer of your decision.
- If you are unaware of the Regional Missions Mobilizer for your area, call the Canadian or USA 800 number and we’ll gladly supply that information.
What if our congregation cannot provide financial support but does want to become a Partner in Missions?
- World Missions is happy to help your congregation form a prayer partnership with a missionary family. Your congregation will receive a picture, prayer cards, prayer letters, and a home service visit from your missionary.