Disability Concerns helps churches intentionally seek
• To end the isolation and disconnectedness of persons with disabilities and their families;
• To nurture the spiritual lives of people with disabilities so that they become professing and active members of their churches; and
• To encourage the gifts of people with disabilities so that they can serve God fully in their churches. (more about Disability Concerns)
Follow us on Facebook
New videos from Disability Concerns: We have three new videos available for disability awareness worship services, discussion starters, or small groups.
- Disability and Vocation: Michael Feir
- Disability and Church Support: Pot Family
- Disability Discrimination: Francine Bell
- Disability Concerns at Synod/General Synod: CRC and RCA Disability Concerns ministries were featured at a combined meeting of the 2014 CRC Synod and RCA General Synod. An extended version of the recitation of Psalm 139, which concluded the presentation, was produced by Faith RCA in Dyer, Indiana.
- DC Director Mark Stephenson talked with David Schuringa, President of Crossroad Bible Institute, on a recent episode of Crossroad Connection: "How people with disabilities strengthen the church."
- Nella Uitvlugt receives Henri Houwen award posthumously. The Religion and Spirituality Division of the AAIDD presented their Henri Nouwen award posthumously to the late Friendship Ministries director Nella Uitvlugt. Nella's husband Eric Uitvlugt received the award on her behalf. Watch the award ceremony starting at 5:40 on this video.
- Inclusion Handbook: Everybody Belongs Everybody Serves. The second edition (June 2013) of our popular handbook includes articles by disability advocates from several Christian traditions. The handbook gives disability advocates (formal and informal) tools to welcome and engage people with disabilities in church life. Order from Faith Alive Christian Resources.