Ready to host Church Between Borders? Here's some more information you need to know:
- We ask churches to commit to having a minimum of 20 registered participants for the workshop in order to ensure they can cover the fees.
- The workshop fee is $25 per participant. This covers a stipend of $200 per facilitator, facilitator training costs, and the production costs for materials.
- All final scheduling and payment will be through the Office of Race Relations. When you are ready to commit to hosting a workshop, the Office of Race Relations will put you in contact with a team of two facilitators. The facilitators will work with your congregation’s scheduling needs to finalize exact dates and times. (The deposit of $200 will be requested at this time.)
- Secure a workshop space that is able to seat the participants comfortably and allow plenty of space to move around in groups. A video and audio projector will be needed for session three.
- Plan to provide snacks and beverages for the group.
- Promote your event. Churches are responsible for promoting their workshops and registering their own participants.
- Expect to become agents of change! The goal of this program is to see transformation in participants so that they can in turn transform their community and speak up for more just laws.
Request more information
If you have more questions, or are eager to get your church signed up, please send us an email. Kris Van Engen or Shannon Jammal-Hollemans will contact you within a week. We're thrilled that you're interested and are excited to help you in any way we can.
Church Between Borders Home