Opportunity Title: English Language Facilitator
Location: Chouk, Kampot province, Cambodia
CRCNA Ministry: World Renew
CRCNA Partner: OREDA (Occupation and Rural Economic Development Association)
Number of Positions: 3
Expected Length of Service: 6 weeks – 4 months
Dates Opportunity is Available: 6-9 months after acceptance into the World Renew Global Volunteer Program
Purpose: Facilitate individual and group English language learning for OREDA partner staff, building on their existing knowledge, so they gain more confidence in using the English language.
1. Facilitate individual and group language learning sessions for OREDA staff and OREDA target school teachers;
2. Write stories of transformation about the work of OREDA in the community;
3. Complete additional tasks as agreed upon with CRWRC or OREDA staff, depending on skills of volunteer;
4. Complete recommended reading, and orientation before departure to the country.
1. A mature Christian with a Christ-like attitude, seeing all people as children of God who have value and worth;
2. Excellent command of the English language and the ability to creatively, respectfully and effectively teach English to adult learners. (English teaching experience or ESL training preferred);
3. Creative story writing skills, including the ability to discern the facts and draw out the story in a respectful manner;
4. Khmer language knowledge an asset;
5. An interest in learning about the people of Cambodia and the work of World Renew/OREDA.
6. A willingness to submit to the Partner staff leadership and direction;
7. Ability to live in a small provincial town with few “western” comforts or faces and to be able to live in a tropical climate and working conditions;
8. Flexible, adaptable and able to view life with a sense of humor.
1. Growth in your faith and relationship with God;
2. The opportunity to share your Christian faith with others who may not yet know the Gospel;
3. An opportunity to foster new attitudes, perceptions and relationships;
4. A chance to learn from, serve and be served by people from a different culture;
5. Develop a personal perspective on poverty, justice, missions and/or development work;
6. Grow in your understanding of the basic principles and tools of community development.
Support Services Provided: ServiceLink and World Renew agree to provide:
• orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers, local community, and World Renew’s country staff;
• consultation and/or visits by missionary staff when available;
• opportunity to help volunteers link their individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done;
Requirements of the Volunteer:
1. Complete and submit a volunteer application form, resume/CV and Volunteer Profile;
2. Provide a current (within past year) background check; including a vulnerable sector search;
3. Raise prayer and financial support by inviting individuals, businesses and /or churches to give to this opportunity;
4. Attend an orientation session;
5. Adhere to ‘CRCNA Standards of Conduct’, ‘CRCNA Crisis Management Policy’ and any other applicable policies
Financial Obligations of the Volunteer:
Estimated costs include airfare, housing, food, in-country transportation, field staff support, medical insurance, technological support, visa costs.
TOTAL Estimated funds needed - $4,780.00US (6 weeks) $7,485.00US (4 months)
Additional Costs – depending on each individual
• Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months beyond date of return)
• Personal purchases or trips
• This amount may also be reduced or increased based on the needs of the volunteer, fluctuations in currency exchange rate, and current costs.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact World Renew's Global Volunteer Program today.
To contact ServiceLink, please email us at email@example.com.
Back to "International Opportunities"