Location: All Nations Christian Reformed Church, Halifax, NS
Type of Groups: Youth, intergenerational or adult.
Size: 10-15 individuals per team.
Number of Teams: 2 to 3 teams per year
Time Commitment: 1 week on site, plus 10 - 15 hours of reading, orientation and preparation before departure.
Dates Opportunity Is Available: From April – October, 2012
Purpose: To partner with All Nations CRC as they shine the Light of Christ to their local community.
Project: Partnering with All Nations, CRC in Halifax, Nova Scotia as they reach out to their community. Work would be in the area of feeding the homeless, ministry to seniors, children’s programs, light carpentry and painting, yard work, food pantry and community dinner.
1) Complete recommended reading and participate in orientation meetings prior to departure
2) Work alongside staff and volunteers from All Nations CRC as they reach out to the people in their community;
3) Build relationships with the community by staying open and flexible to the culture around you;
4) Live and worship with the community during the project;
5) Provide All Nations CRC and ServiceLink with an evaluation of the project;
6) Share your experience with your church and/or supporters.
7) Raise awareness with your home church and community of the ministry taking place at All Nations CRC.
1) Willingness to work under the leadership of the Church and community leaders;
2) Be compassionate, respectful of other cultures, and emotionally stable;
3) Flexible, adaptable and able to view life with a sense of humor:
Costs - will vary with each team depending on where team travels from.
• Project Fee: Donation
• Meals & Lodging: Teams will be housed at the church for no cost, but must provide
their own meals.
• Transportation to Halifax, NS and return
• Transportation in Halifax, NS
• Out of state/province or out of country medical and travel insurance
• Passport – for those coming into Canada
• Spending money
1) Growth in your faith and relationship with God;
2) Fellowship with and build new relationships with the local community;
3) Serve as an encouragement to the local community;
4) Partner with All Nations CRC staff and volunteers, learn about their ministry and encourage them in their efforts to serve the people in their community;
5) A chance to learn from, to serve and be served by a diverse urban culture;
6) Develop a personal perspective on poverty, urban ministry and diverse communities;
Support Services Provided: ServiceLink agrees to provide:
• orientation materials as well as logistics and support to meet the needs of volunteers as well as All Nations CRC staff;
• consultation and/or visits by All Nations CRC staff and volunteers when available;
• opportunity to help volunteers link their individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done;
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact us today at email@example.com.
Back to 'North America' Opportunities