Opportunity Title: SWAP Program Participant
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
CRCNA Ministry: World Renew
World Renew Partner Groups Involved: Alfalit, Association for a more just Society (ASJ), Christian Reformed Church of Honduras, Stewardship of Christian Ministries (MCM) and Harvest. Click here for more information on each partner ministry.
Number of Positions: Up to 4 or more individuals ages 16 - 24.
Time Commitment: 6 weeks
Dates Opportunity is Available: July 8 - August 16, 2013
Purpose: Participants of Serve with a Purpose (SWAP) Honduras will visit multiple partners to experience and learn from partner staff the work that they are doing in Honduras. You will learn how to appropriately encounter and respond to poverty issues and their root causes. Your experience will enable you to gain a new understanding of loving mercy, acting justly, and walking humbly with God.
• Develop practical skills and knowledge by working with the World Renew – Honduras Team
• Observe and interact with the World Renew – Honduras Country Team and partner staff in daily activities.
• Visit World Renew partners and participate in scheduled activities.
• Willingly and joyfully participate in activities that have been agreed upon by the World Renew – Honduras Bridger and the volunteer.
1. Motivated to volunteer because of their commitment to God.
2. Willingness to humbly experience a different culture.
3. Agree to apply and be accepted into the SWAP program and all that it includes.
4. Willingness to invite others to join you on this journey with prayer and financial support.
1. Growth in your faith and relationship with God;
2. Exploration of the world of missions;
3. Offers the opportunity to be introduced to a new culture, people and place;
4. It allows first-hand work with a partner and the challenges and opportunities that entails.
Support Services Provided:
• Orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers, local community, and Honduran staff;
• Pre-trip orientation is required;
• Consultation and/or visits by missionary staff when available;
• Opportunity to help volunteers link their individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done;
• Recognition in various communications to supporters.
Financial Requirements of the Volunteer: costs are estimated and in USD
• Transportation: $1000.00 (subject to change to reflect actual cost of airfare)
• Basic in-country costs $2,755.00.
This includes housing, food, in-country transportation, insurance, and pre-field expenses.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact World Renew's Global Volunteer Program today.
To contact ServiceLink, please email us at email@example.com.
Back to "International Opportunities"