Opportunity Title: Medical Volunteer
Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
CRCNA Ministry: World Renew
CRCNA Partner: Africa Inland Church of Tanzania
Number of Positions: 3
Expected Length of Service: 6 months to 1 year
Dates Opportunity is Available: 6-9 months after acceptance into World Renew's Global Volunteer Program
Purpose: Contribute to meeting the 1st Millennium Development Goal to combat health issues related to poverty. Nursing volunteers will assist Matron with routine nursing duties.
1. Assist the medical staff at the African Inland Church Hospital in regular treatment of patients;
2. Be a contributing member of the hospital team in providing quality care;
3. Complete recommended reading and orientation before departure to the country.
1. Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ;
2. Minimum one year of experience in related profession;
3. Swahili language knowledge an asset;
4. Ability to do physical labor in a tropical climate and working conditions;
5. Willingness to submit to the hospital’s leadership and direction;
6. Be compassionate, respectful of other cultures, and emotionally stable;
7. Flexible, adaptable and able to view life with a sense of humor.
1. Growth in your faith and relationship with God;
2. The opportunity to share your Christian faith with others who may not yet know the Gospel;
3. An opportunity to foster new attitudes, perceptions and relationships;
4. A chance to learn from, serve and be served by people from a different culture;
5. Develop a personal perspective on poverty, justice, missions and/or development work;
6. Grow in your understanding of the basic principles and tools of community development.
Support Services Provided: World Renew agrees to provide:
• orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers, local community, and World Renew's country staff;
• consultation and/or visits by missionary staff when available;
• opportunity to help volunteers link their individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done.
Requirements of the Volunteer:
1. Complete and submit a volunteer application form, resume/CV and Volunteer Profile.
2. Provide a current (within past year) criminal background check; including a vulnerable sector search.
3. Raise prayer and financial support by inviting individuals, businesses and /or churches to give to this opportunity,
4. Attend an orientation session.
5. Adhere to ‘CRCNA Standards of Conduct’, ‘CRCNA Crisis Management Policy’ and any other applicable policies
Financial Obligations of the Volunteer: Estimated in $USD for a 12 month placement
Costs include airfare, housing, food, in-country transportation, field staff support, immunization allowance, medical insurance, technological support and visa costs.
TOTAL Estimated funds needed - $17,834 USD
Additional Costs – depending on each individual
• Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months beyond date of return)
• Personal purchases or trips
• This amount may also be reduced or increased based on the needs of the volunteer, fluctuations in currency exchange rate, and current costs.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact World Renew's Global Volunteer Program today.
To contact ServiceLink, please email us at volunteer@crcna.
Back to "International Opportunities"