Racism looks different in Canada. Anti-racism resources that work for U.S. churches don’t always translate well into the Canadian context--but that doesn’t mean the call of the Church to be ministers of reconciliation in the Body and in wider society is any less important. ORR Canada offers contextualized resources to resource and support churches and ministries in the work of racial reconciliation in Canada.
We walk alongside and coach churches and church members in Canada to help you develop and maintain a healthy multi-ethnic church community. Together, we’re learning to live into Revelation 7:9:
“After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.”
Our staff and lay leaders are ready to walk alongside you by:
- Facilitating community learning conversations and small group studies
- Hosting racial reconciliation field trips
- Offering training workshops
- Providing relevant and contextualized resources
- Journeying with congregations and leaders (coaching)
- Supporting the formation and maintenance of regional race relations committees
Due to a transition in our office, and a visioning process on justice and reconciliation ministry in Canada, the Race Relations Coordinator (Canada) position is currently vacant. Please send any inquiries to Mike Hogeterp.